Thursday, December 13, 2012

Michael's First Birthday

Yesterday was Michael's first birthday! We kept it simple, no guests, a few Elmo decorations which Michael loved pointing out and squealing at, and some homemade confetti cupcakes, two of which were happily smashed and smeared by chubby little hands.

Words can't really express my emotions on this occasion. Becoming a mother to this precious baby has given me feelings that I've never had before. From the first time we made eye contact, I was smitten. I remember him staring at me so quiet and calm, those chubby cheeks and little fists. Everyday since, he has amazed me and made me laugh. I adore absolutely everything about him. I've watched him learn so many things in his first year. Smiling, laughing, rolling, crawling, eating, almost talking, dancing, clapping, and he's even started walking! But I've learned some things too. Mostly I've learned patience. Patience to observe and trust in my baby's abilities so that I can provide a nurturing environment for him to grow. I can't wait to see what the second year has in store for us!

posted from Bloggeroid

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Michael! And big hugs, Mom! The first birthday is always bittersweet. :)

    ReplyDelete