Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Baby-Approved Recipe: Moroccan Spiced Chickpea Soup


Source

I made this recipe for Moroccan Spiced Chickpea Soup the other night. It's one of my favorites because it's flavorful, comforting, and super easy (the ingredients are pretty much always in my pantry). Since Michael is a big fan of hummus, I thought he might like it. To make it toddler-friendly, I excluded the cayenne and added frozen chopped spinach instead of big fresh spinach leaves which tend to get a little stringy in the throat. I also had some leftover butternut squash so I tossed that in. At first, Michael just picked out the chickpeas and squished them. I decided to mash up his bowl a little more so he couldn't single out peas.

The Verdict: a huge hit! He kept gobbling and gobbling! When he really likes a food, he makes it a point to bathe himself in it. He's had it 2 nights in a row and still loves it. I gave him some pasta on the side and he put it in his bowl and started stirring. Just like mommy does when she cooks. Such a cutie. It feels so good to find a recipe that he really likes because so many things end up on the floor. Also, he's not a big fan of meat, so protein-rich meals are a must!

FYI, his other fave foods include grilled cheese, cheese of any form or flavor, pasta, alfredo sauce, broccoli, oatmeal, yogurt, and any, and I mean any fruit. My little primate.

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment