Thursday, October 11, 2012

Photos of Mommy

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/allison-tate/mom-pictures-with-kids_b_1926073.html
I'm sure you've probably read this article by now, about encouraging moms to make sure they are in pictures with their children, with or without makeup or hair done or pretty clothes. If you haven't, I suggest you do. Quite the tearjerker.
I've actually made comments to DH about how few pictures I have with Michael. In the first few weeks of his life, I was mostly in pj's. I wasn't avoiding photos--I did hate how I looked but I still wanted photos with my baby. My biggest problem is that I'm the one taking the pictures! DH kinda sucks at taking pictures,  so the few he does take of me are not good. I've tried to be more mindful, especially if we go do something, I try to get DH to take pictures of me and Michael. It's not fair that he has all these great pictures with him and I don't! And he never tells me if my gut is hanging out or hair is sticking up or giant nursing bra is showing, so yeah, I have those pictures. And I just looked at photos from today--he cut my head out of 2/3 and my face is blurred in the third. I mean, it feels intentional. No one is that crappy at taking photos, right? Moment gone forever.
Since reading this article,  I'm atleast using my smartphone to take my own pics of me and Michael--he gets such a kick out of seeing us on the screen together. If I ever find where my tripod was packed, I plan to set it up and take some better pics of us--playing, at mealtime, bathtime, whatever. I spend so much time with Michael and we have so much fun that I want to make sure he gets that when he looks back on his baby photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment